Bust Bees

Bust Bees

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Allotment gardens and container gardening in the Philippines


 
Bottle filling



I received an interesting email message from
Dr. Robert J. Holmer
Periurban Vegetable Project (PUVeP)
Xavier University – Research & Social Outreach
Manresa Farm, Fr. W. F. Masterson SJ Ave
9000 Cagayan de Oro City
PHILIPPINES
telling me :

“I just came across your great blog Carlsvilleproject Health which I started to read with great interest and joy since you share the same ideas about food security and healthy options as me.
Rain water catch system
Your comment on conservation or allotment gardening reflects exactly my sentiments. Possibly we can convince more people on the benefits of these programs, including container gardening.


The pictures I added are from two school gardens where we are establishing so-called container gardens to maximize space and to encourage peoples to replicate this at home. We also provided rainwater catchment since even in the tropics freshwater is becoming scarce (and the technology – as simple as it may be).


No comments:

Post a Comment